Part Number : NCP3418DR2
Function : Dual Bootstrapped 12 V MOSFET Driver with Output Disable
Package : SO 8 Pin type
Maker : ON Semiconductor
The NCP3418DR2, NCP3418 and NCP3418A are dual MOSFET gate drivers optimized to drive the gates of both high--side and low--side power MOSFETs in a synchronous buck converter.
Each of the drivers is capable of driving a 3000 pF load with a 25 ns propagation delay and a 20 ns transition time. With a wide operating voltage range, high or low side MOSFET gate drive voltage can be optimized for the best efficiency. Internal, adaptive nonoverlap circuitry further reduces switching losses by preventing simultaneous conduction of both MOSFETs.
The floating top driver design can accommodate VBST voltages as high as 30 V, with transient voltages as high as 35 V. Both gate outputs can be driven low by applying a low logic level to the Output Disable(OD) pin. An Undervoltage Lockout function ensures that both driver outputs are low when the supply voltage is low, and a Thermal Shutdown function provides the IC with overtemperature protection.
• Faster Rise and Fall Times
• Internal Charge Pump Diode Reduces Cost and Parts Count
• Thermal Shutdown for System Protection
• Integrated OVP
• Internal Pulldown Resistor Suppresses Transient Turn On of Either MOSFET
• Anti Cross--Conduction Protection Circuitry
• Floating Top Driver Accommodates Boost Voltages of up to 30 V
• One Input Signal Controls Both the Upper and Lower Gate Outputs
• Output Disable Control Turns Off Both MOSFETs
• Complies with VRM 10.x Specifications
• Undervoltage Lockout
• Thermally Enhanced Package Available
• Pb--Free Packages are Available
NCP3418ADR, NCP3418ADR2G, NCP3418APDR2, NCP3418D, NCP3418DR2