Function : Series 3-Terminal Positive Regulators
Maker : Texas Instruments
The LM140L series of three terminal positive regulators is available with several fixed output
voltages making them useful in a wide range of applications. The LM140LA is an improved version of the LM78LXX series with a tighter output voltage tolerance (specified over the full military temperature
range), higher ripple rejection, better regulation and lower quiescent current.
The LM140LA regulators have ±2% VOUT specification, 0.04%/V line regulation, and 0.01%/mA load regulation. When used as a zener diode/resistor combination replacement, the LM140LA usually results in an effective output impedance improvement of two orders of magnitude, and lower quiescent current. These regulators can provide local on card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation.
The voltages available allow the LM140LA to be used in logic systems, instrumentation, Hi-Fi, and other solid state electronic equipment. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltages and currents.
• Line Regulation of 0.04%/V
• Load Regulation of 0.01%/mA
• Output Voltage Tolerances of
– ±2% at Tj= 25°C and ±4% Over the Temperature Range (LM140LA)
– ±3% Over the Temperature Range(LM340LA)
• Output Current of 100 mA
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Output Transistor Safe Area Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limit
• Available in
– Metal TO Low Profile Package(LM140LA/LM340LA)
– Plastic TO-92 (LM340LA)
Datasheet PDF Download :
Others datasheet of same file : LM140L,LM140LA-12,LM140LA-15,LM140LA-5.0,LM140LAH-12